I went grocery shopping at Food-Front Co-Op yesterday and found some wild-caught steelhead on sale for $9.99/lb (normally $14.99/lb). I decided to buy it as a nice treat for my breakfasts this week. Yes, I did say breakfasts. Sometimes with SIBO, eating meat or fish for breakfast is a necessity because it is better tolerated than the majority of items that would normally be considered “breakfast”.
The generous amount of ghee in this recipe is helpful for those attempting to add more fat to their diet. It also makes it incredibly delicious!
- 1 lb wild-caught steelhead (cut into ¼ lb portions)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cultured ghee, melted (you can substitute grass-fed butter if you tolerate dairy)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil to glass baking dish to grease it. Place steelhead fillets in oiled dish.
- Make sauce: melt 2 tablespoons ghee. Stir in lemon juice, grated ginger, and dried ghee.
- Spoon lemon-herb-ghee sauce over steelhead.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until it easily flakes with a fork, but is no longer bright pink in color.