There’s nothing quite like a warm dip for helping you feel cozy as fall approaches!
I find that this recipe is simple, versatile, and hits the spot when you are missing hummus but aren’t wanting to deal with the tummy troubles of chickpeas.
My favorite ways to enjoy this dip are spread on New Cascadia gluten-free baguette, as a dip for veggie slices (hello, cucumber!), or stirred into a warm Mediterranean-style bowl with rice, fish, and roasted veggies.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a baking sheet by covering with a sheet of parchment paper (makes for easy clean up).
- Use your hands to slather skin of cleaned & dried eggplants with approximately 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once preheated, place whole eggplants in oven and allow to roast for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, add tahini and process until whipped (about 1 minute).
- Remove eggplants from oven and allow to cool slightly or until they can be handled by touch.
- Cut eggplants into fourths and transfer to food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients (lemon juice, 2 T olive oil, sweet paprika, cumin, cayenne, and salt) and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides with a rubber spatula.
- Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!