NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES OF BRIDGETOWN NUTRITION, LLC
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES BRIDGETOWN NUTRITION LLC’S PRIVACY POLICIES FOR NUTRITION CONSULTS.
PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY.
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact Riley Wimminger, MScN at 503-539-7030.
YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION:
Bridgetown Nutrition, LLC is not a covered entity under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) because we do not engage in HIPAA-regulated transactions. However, we understand that your health information is personal and we will take reasonable measures to protect such information. We will also provide you with this Notice, explaining our privacy practices.
HOW WE MAY USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION:
Our uses and disclosures of your health information fall into the categories below. We will not use or disclose your health information for any other purposes unless you give us your written authorization to do so. You may revoke an authorization, at any time, in writing, except to the extent that we may have taken an action in reliance on the use or disclosure indicated in the authorization. Notwithstanding your written authorization to do so, we will not, at any time, disclose or transmit your health information to a health plan to carry out financial or administrative activities related to your health care.
Uses for Treatment and Payment.
- For Treatment. We may use your health information for treatment activities.
- For Payment. We may use your health information within Bridgetown for payment activities; provided however, that to the extent we do not accept insurance, we will not disclose your health information to any health plan for payment or financial purposes.
Uses and Disclosures We May Make Without Your Authorization.
- Required By Law. We will disclose your health information as required by law.
- Health or Safety. We may use and disclose your health information to a person who is able to prevent or lessen a serious threat to the health and safety of you or the public.
- Lawsuits and Disputes. We may disclose your health information to answer a court or administrative order, subpoena, discovery request, or other process as permitted by law.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING HEALTH INFORMATION ABOUT YOU:
You have the following rights regarding health information we maintain about you:
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures. You have the right to request, in writing, an accounting of our disclosures of your health information.
- Right to Request Restrictions. You have the right to request, in writing, a restriction of our use or disclosure of your health information for treatment, payment or health care operations.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications. You have the right to request, in writing, that we communicate with you about health matters in a certain way to maintain confidentiality. We will agree to reasonable communication requests.
- Right to a Paper Copy of This Notice. At any time, you have the right to a paper copy of this Notice, even if you have agreed to receive this Notice electronically.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE:
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Notice at any time. The revised Notice will apply to all of your health information that we maintain. We will provide you with a revised notice upon your visit to Bridgetown through our web site or through mail upon request.