Looking for a super easy SIBO-friendly dinner recipe? Or perhaps a recipe that you can make ahead on the weekend and pack for lunches? Well then this Honey Mustard Slow Cooker Chicken recipe might just have ended your search. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Serve it with my Low FODMAP Steamed Vegetables w/ Lemon Chive Butter to complete the meal. For those who need more carbohydrates, try pairing it with some fresh fruit, brown rice, or a small baked potato.
If you’re confused about where honey falls in regard to SIBO diets, FODMAPs, SCD, etc., check out my Sweet Basil Vinaigrette post where I discuss this topic.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard (many brands are low FODMAP, just read ingredients to ensure no garlic or onion)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted clover honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat slow cooker by turning it to high.
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry. Add to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine dijon mustard, lemon juice, melted honey, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Pour sauce over chicken and give it a quick stir to coat chicken with sauce.
- Allow to cook on high for approximately 5-6 hours (checking it after 3 hours in case your slow cooker cooks faster than mine) or until chicken has a golden brown color as seen in my photos.