Cooking on weeknights doesn’t happen for me very often. There just isn’t time for that in my schedule.
Instead, I like to spend my weeknights playing racquetball, catching a yoga class, or
lifting weights (AKA…socializing) with a friend.
But sometimes I am feeling inspired to eat a warm, freshly prepared low FODMAP meal and need something delicious that cooks quickly. Meaning in 30 minutes or less!
That’s where my recipe for Italian Herb Crispy Skin Chicken Thighs comes in handy.
This recipe takes 20 minutes to prepare, only dirties one dish, and doesn’t require any special equipment (unless splattering drives you crazy- in which case you might want to purchase a splatter screen).
And bonus…these chicken thighs yield restaurant-quality flavor! They’re crispy on the outside and super juicy in the center.
This recipe uses Casa de Sante’s Tuscan Italian Seasoning. In case you aren’t familiar with Casa de Sante, they make a variety of low FODMAP products (such as spice mixes) so that you can enjoy flavorful low FODMAP food with greater simplicity.
My absolute favorite of their spice mixes is the Tuscan Herb. It is versatile and the flavors are nicely balanced. I have a couple other recipes on this site that use it:
Since chicken served on it’s own is far from a complete meal…
Let me give you a few ideas for how to turn this recipe into a simple, low FODMAP weeknight meal:
- Chicken Thighs + Steamed Green Beans & Carrots
- Wash & cut your veggies on the weekend or use frozen
- Steaming only takes 5-10 minutes!
- Add salt, pepper, & olive oil or butter to your steamed veggies for flavor
- Chicken Thighs + Rice + Green Salad w/ Vinegar & Olive Oil
- Salad dressing can be as simple as pouring a little vinegar and olive oil on your salad and sprinkling with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One of the keys to a great salad is using super fresh greens! I have found farmer’s markets to be the best place to get these, but any greens that aren’t slimy will do.
- Chicken Thighs + Rosemary Roasted Potatoes + Microwave Steamed Frozen Broccoli
- Make the roasted potatoes on the weekend and then reheat in the microwave
- To make steamed vegetables in the microwave, simply put them in a microwave safe dish and cook in 30-60 second increments, stirring in between.
- Chicken Thighs + Polenta + Garden Herb Zoodles
- Make polenta by boiling water, then adding polenta (corn grits)- flavor with salt, pepper, and butter or olive oil.
- Buy “zoodles” in the produce section or spiralize on the weekend
The options are endless!
I’d love to hear from you if you have some creative ideas to share- comment below!
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 T Casa de Sante Tuscan Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 tsp coconut oil or ghee
- Salt & pepper
- Pat thighs dry with a paper towel. Season with salt & pepper.
- Preheat large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Add coconut oil to pan. Once oil sizzles when splashed with a drop of water, it is hot enough to begin.
- Place thighs skin side down in skillet. Sprinkle with Italian Herb Seasoning. Allow to cook, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes. Reduce heat if chicken looks like it is burning.
- Flip, sprinkle skin side with Italian Herb Seasoning and allow to cook another 8-10 minutes.
- Let rest on plate for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Disclaimer: this post is sponsored by Casa de Sante. All opinions, text, and photos are completely my own. I only share about products I truly love!