I have a funny story to tell you- and it’s about green onions!
I used to prepare nutritious meals for a family. I was in charge of meal planning and cooking, but someone else did the grocery shopping. I would write out a list of the items needed each week and they would go out and get them.
One week, a member of the family who (much like a good portion of the modern world) hasn’t spent much time in the kitchen, was in charge of the grocery shopping.
I made the mistake of writing “4 green onions” on the list which was interpreted as 4 BUNCHES OF GREEN ONIONS. I don’t remember what I did with all of them, but that’s a lot of green onion! In the recipe below, I have specified 4 green onions (not bunches) to hopefully avoid anyone else having green onion overload at their house.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 red, yellow, or green bell peppers
- 4 green onions (not 4 bunches!)- green parts only for low FODMAP
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop vegetables accordingly: eggplant into 1" cubes, zucchini into 1" rounds, and bell pepper in to 2 inch square pieces. Don't worry about being exact, but cutting each vegetable evenly will help ensure even cooking. Thinly slice green onion.
- Spread vegetables across three parchment-lined baking sheets (they will also fit on two, but you will get a more yummy roasted taste if the veggies have some space. Drizzle with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Stir. Sprinkle evenly over vegetables.
- Once preheated, add trays to oven, allowing to cook for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and enjoy!