The moment I stepped out of the airport last weekend, my whole body said “brrr.” After spending a very special week in the Caribbean celebrating my mom’s 60th birthday, I was met with chili-craving Portland weather.
I was also overdue for bringing you a new low FODMAP recipe. Thus, multi-purpose No-Bean Chili experimentation began!
With all the unpacking, laundry, and email replies to do, I needed something simple. I snagged a packet of Casa de Sante’s Low FODMAP Chili Seasoning out of the cabinet and adapted my SIBO-Friendly Beef Chili recipe to make it more filling and suitable for those without a well-stocked spice cabinet.
Both of my chili recipes are made in the slow cooker, making preparation a breeze. But the Casa de Sante Chili Seasoning version is EVEN simpler.
As an added bonus, I loaded it with extra veggies for nutrition’s sake.
In this no-bean chili, we’ve got beef for iron and protein, red bell pepper for vitamin C, carrots for their pro-vitamin A carotenoids, kale for vitamin K and calcium, and tomatoes for their vitamin C and lycopene.
This recipe is just about as close to chili as you are going to get without adding onion, garlic, or beans.
Bonus points: chili, soups, and stews tend to freeze really well, so if you want just a serving or two, ladle the leftovers into containers (I recommend using 16 oz BPA-free wide mouth glass mason jars), leaving a little room at the top for expansion, and throw them in the freezer. They will last in the freezer for about 6-12 months, making the perfect homemade low-FODMAP freezer meals for when you don’t want to cook.
And if you are loving this idea of homemade low-FODMAP freezer meals, check out some of my other recipes that freeze nicely:
- Indian Butter Chicken & Vegetable Curry
- Crockpot Wild Rice, Chicken, & Kale Stew
- Turkey Veggie Herb Burgers
- Eggplant Ratatouille
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 bunch green onions (green part only), sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stem & seeds removed, diced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into ½ inch rounds
- 3-4 curly green kale leaves, washed, stems removed, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 tsp Casa de Sante Low FODMAP Chili Seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Non-dairy or lactose-free yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- If desired, serve with freshly chopped cilantro and non-dairy or lactose-free yogurt.
Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by Casa de Sante. All opinions, text, and photos are completely my own. I only share about products I truly love!
Fonda Neal says
Is water needed in this recipe? How is the liquid/broth produced?
No, it’s not needed. The diced tomatoes and bell pepper provide enough liquid.