As I prepare for the fast-approaching start of my master’s degree program on July 6th, I am eager to find ways to maintain my clean eating regimen while having less free time. I have created a tasty granola recipe that is multi-purpose and super easy to prepare. It also creates very few dishes, which is always one of my goals! I do not mind cooking- I actually enjoy it when I can be creative and am not hard-pressed for time, but dishes, those are not my cup of tea!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do 🙂
- 2-3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon clover honey (or brown rice syrup for strict Monash University low FODMAP or vegan)
- ⅔ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt (I like Redmond Real Salt)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, add melted coconut oil and while still hot, stir in honey. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minute, stirring granola once or twice. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Allow to cool. Transfer to a sealed container and store in cabinet or fridge.
Add to a trail mix
Serve with nut milk & berries
Leave a Reply